It has been said you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, and Donald Trump has never been afraid of breaking a few eggs. Love him or hate him, he is a successful businessman, building a real estate empire with a world renowned brand. He is also one of the best self-promoters in recent history, and according to him just about everything he is involved with is “fantastic, wonderful, the best etc., etc., etc.”
Those who criticize him are almost instantly attacked as being “crooked” (Hillary), “Liars” (Ted Cruz), “real loser” (O’Donnell), “disgraceful” (The Pope) and worst of all, “cheats at golf” (Samuel L. Jackson). If you point out what he has said or done, get ready to be attacked, either on twitter, in front of a camera or by litigation (we’re planning on it).
So who (or what) are the biggest threat to Donald Trump? Lets take a look!
The First Amendment of 1789 & The Free Press
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
Trump’s accusations that the press is the enemy of the American people is a difficult argument to comprehend. In fact, a free press is the bastion on which our democracy operates. A free press holds our government accountable to the people. It reports to the citizens the corruptions and misdeeds of those who we have elected and entrusted. Without a free press, the sovereignty of the people erodes to those who will abuse it. A free press and their relentless pursuit of the truth is not the enemy of the American people, it is perhaps their best friend. The first Amendment guarantees the ability to have a free press.
The Best of our Free Press
- The New York Times New York Times
- The Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/
- The Los Angeles Times http://www.latimes.com/
- CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC & BBC
One or more of the 17 U.S. Intelligent Agencies
It seems Trump doesn’t trust or like the intelligence agencies, implying on 2/15/17 that they are “Un-American”. During the campaign, the agencies as a whole rubbed Trump the wrong way after they issued a joint statement stating they were confident that the Russian Government directed the hacking of emails of US political organizations and had intended to interfere with the US election process. This came after weeks of Trumps denial that Russia had anything to do with the hacks. If Trump is involved in a scandal, one of the intelligence agencies will probably uncover it.
Tough Reporters who are not afraid the difficult questions
- Megyn Kelly, formally of Fox News. – Earning a seat as moderator of the Fox August 6, 2015 Republican debate, Kelly came out swinging, asking Trump “you’ve called women you don’t like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals”. As a Fox personality, disparaging a Republican’s image is practically unheard of, but Kelly did it anyway, as it seems her values for protecting women are sacrosanct. What get Kelly for her troubles? Just death threats from the Fox faithful along with a bill for armed security for her and her children. She is a smart, tough interviewer not afraid to ask the tough, legitimate questions that should be asked.
- Jim Acosta, CNN – Apparently his asking of tough questions were so irritating to Trump, he refused to let him ask a question, telling him “Don’t be rude, no, I’m not going to give you a question. You are fake news”. By reporting what Trump says and does, Acosta and CNN has so irrupted Trump and Spicer that they have tried to exclude them from normal WH press briefings.
- Chuck Todd, Meet the Press – Todd is usually balanced in his political reporting, he asks difficult but fair questions to politicians on both sides of an issue. Shortly after Trump took office Todd was interviewing Kellyanne Conway when he finally had enough. Conway was in the midst of spinning Trump’s Press Secretary’s lies as “alternative facts” when Todd practically had a stroke when he heard the term.
- Huff Post
- Seth Meyers
- Megyn Kelly
- Shepard Smith
- Chuck Todd
- Russians – though he doesn’t know it
- John McCain
- Lindsey Graham
- Chuck Shumer