On June 16th, 2015, Donald J. Trump announce his candidacy for President of the United States of America.
Right off the bat, he made comments that many thought ended his campaign before it even started. But, this was Donald Trump. Brash, to the point. Making statements that, like a car wreck, people just had to see. Never in recent history has a presidential candidate insulted an entire country’s population like Trump did to Mexico. It infuriated the Mexican government. It infuriated Mexican Americans and in part, it got Donald Trump elected.
This is really the day it all started. The day Trump took the spotlight away from every other Republican candidate and started his march towards Washington. Some people love him, some people hate him, but whatever you think of him he was elected fair and square by the people of the United States (see his quotes on rigged elections).
You can watch the entire speech that kicked it all off below.
Some highlights of the announcement are:
- Min 2:10 – Mexico and the Mexican people
- Min 7:30 – Obamacare
- Min 16:05 – He will be the greatest job President God ever created
- Min 18:45 – China and fair trade
- Min 24:15 – Ford will pay a 35% tax to build cars in Mexico and bring them to the US
- Min 35:00 – Financial summary shows a net worth of 8.738 billion
- Min 38:40 – Summary of promises
- Min 43:45 – No cuts to Medicare, Social Security or Medicaid